Jean H. Kislak/P.A.W.S. Community Dog Park
Open Daily Sunrise to Sunset
The Jean H. Kislak/P.A.W.S. Community Dog Park, located adjacent to P.A.W.S. Animal Adoption Center on Camden Street in Rockport, is a gently sloping fenced-in dog park, with separate areas for large and small dogs to rump around. Both of the fenced-in areas offer double-gated entryways, benches for dog owners to enjoy and water (in season). The dog park has a park-like ambience, with selected trees and other natural features.
P.A.W.S. Board member and chairperson of the dog park committee Jean Freedman-White explains, “P.A.W.S received a generous donation from Jean H. Kislak which made it possible to create the dog park which was opened in December 2012 and build the beautiful gazebo opened in 2013. We are very gratefully for her generous gift.”
However, Freedman-White points out, “funds are still needed to cover the costs of the annual operations of the park – snow plowing, reseeding and cutting the grass, purchasing poop bags and general maintenance of the park. Please consider leaving a donation in the donation box near the small dog area to show your appreciation for using the park.”
In order to maintain a healthy area for our dogs to run and play it is VERY important that owners cleanup after their dogs in the dog park.
Plans are underway to develop a number of activities at the park beginning with a winter carnival this February and a series of lectures and presentations relating to the care and training of dogs.
If you have questions or comments about the park and park operations, please contact Freedman-White at email@example.com.
Please observe these common sense rules and expectations:
- You enter and use the park at your own risk.
- You are legally responsible for your dog’s behavior, and you alone are responsible for your dog’s well-being.
- All dogs must be leashed until they are inside the FIRST GATE of the double-gated entrance to each section of the park.
- Remove choke or pinch collars and head halters BEFORE OPENING THE SECOND GATE of the double-gated area.
- Inside the fenced play area, watch your dog and have your leash with you at all times. The dynamics of dog play can change quickly and you need to be prepared to intervene quickly.
- Children age five and younger are not allowed inside the dog park. Children under the age of 12 must be with a supervising adult.
- Dogs must be properly inoculated, licensed, wearing a collar with ID and rabies tags, and free of viral infections.
- No aggressive dogs are allowed in the park. If your dog seems timid, stressed, overly aroused, or aggressive please take he or she out of the park immediately.
- No female dogs in heat or puppies under four-months old are allowed in the park.
- No more than two dogs per person may enter the group play area.
- You MUST pick up your dog’s waste promptly everywhere in the dog park and parking lot.
- Fill in all holes that your dog digs.
- Do not eat, smoke, or run inside the dog park.
- Do not bring dog treats into the park.
- Leave your dog’s favorite toy and all rawhide chews at home.
- People with dogs that are not spayed or neutered please be aware of the risk of interaction with other dogs and be extra-vigilant about your dog’s behavior.
- Any dog park user may ask someone who is not abiding by the rules to leave the park.
- In case of an emergency call 911.