Jean H. Kislak/P.A.W.S. Community Dog Park
Are you interested in helping out at the dog park? Let us know! firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Daily Sunrise to Sunset
The Jean H. Kislak/P.A.W.S. Community Dog Park, located on Camden Street in Rockport, is a gently sloping fenced-in dog park, with separate areas for large and small dogs to romp around. Both of the fenced-in areas offer double-gated entryways, benches for dog owners to enjoy and water (in season). The dog park has a park-like ambience with selected trees and other natural features.
Donations are needed to cover the costs of the annual operations of the park – snow plowing, reseeding and cutting the grass, purchasing poop bags
and general maintenance of the park. Please consider leaving a donation in the donation box near the small dog area to show your appreciation
for using the park.
In order to maintain a healthy area for our dogs to run and play it is very important that owners cleanup after their dogs in the dog park.
If you have questions or comments about the park and park operations, please contact the P.A.W.S. at email@example.com.
Please note, that during certain times during the day, P.A.W.S. shelter staff will be bringing some of the Shelter dogs to the dog park for training and exercise. During these times the dog park will be closed to the general public. The shelter staff will make every effort to utilize the park outside of peak use times. A notice will be posted at the park also. Thank you for your understanding as we work to prepare our homeless animals for their forever homes.
Please observe these common sense rules and expectations:
- You enter and use the park at your own risk.
- You are legally responsible for your dog’s behavior, and you alone are responsible for your dog’s well-being.
- All dogs must be leashed until they are inside the FIRST GATE of the double-gated entrance to each section of the park.
- Remove choke or pinch collars and head halters BEFORE OPENING THE SECOND GATE of the double-gated area.
- Inside the fenced play area, watch your dog and have your leash with you at all times. The dynamics of dog play can change quickly and you need to be prepared to intervene quickly.
- Children age five and younger are not allowed inside the dog park. Children under the age of 12 must be with a supervising adult.
- Dogs must be properly inoculated, licensed, wearing a collar with ID and rabies tags, and free of viral infections.
- No aggressive dogs are allowed in the park. If your dog seems timid, stressed, overly aroused, or aggressive please take he or she out of the park immediately.
- No female dogs in heat or puppies under four-months old are allowed in the park.
- No more than two dogs per person may enter the group play area.
- You MUST pick up your dog’s waste promptly everywhere in the dog park and parking lot.
- Fill in all holes that your dog digs.
- Do not eat, smoke, or run inside the dog park.
- Do not bring dog treats into the park.
- Leave your dog’s favorite toy and all rawhide chews at home.
- People with dogs that are not spayed or neutered please be aware of the risk of interaction with other dogs and be extra-vigilant about your dog’s behavior.
- Any dog park user may ask someone who is not abiding by the rules to leave the park.
- In case of an emergency call 911.
For safety & sanitation reasons, P.A.W.S. does not allow kiddie pools at the dog park. If you have questions or concerns please contact Shelly Butler, Executive Director at 236-8702